EPNOE Research Roadmap
Polysaccharides will be at the central point of the world of tomorrow for food, materials, medicine and fuels.
Three main drivers strongly push the USE OF POLYSACCHARIDES:
- The emergence of a bio economy that increases the contribution of bio based products.
- Polysaccharides used in all sectors of human activities like materials science, nutrition, health care and energy, are polymers with exceptional properties, opening routes for novel applications.
- The presence and renewable character of polysaccharides, making them the primary CO2 neutral candidates for the global transformation to a more sustainable world. Proper utilisation of polysaccharide resources has the potential of increasing biodiversity, food safety and sustainability, decreasing of CO2 emissions and pollution, and is suitable for production of fuel and materials and sustainable food production.
The EPNOE Research Road Map is built around the following MAIN FOCUS AREAS:
- Fundamental basis of polysaccharide science
- Application research fields: Materials, Food and Health Care
- Polysaccharides & Research Policy